Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Flight of the Phoenix


We decided to take a little road trip up the coast to visit Grandma and Grandpa Wells. We were glad to also get to see John & Ramey and touched that Annemarie and cousin Jacob drove down from Chico to meet us there. Although it was a brief visit, we had a great time. Daryl and I were spoiled. We got the Master suite and enjoyed having a king bed that we could share with Phoenix. There were lots of loving arms to hold little Phoenix and free me up to just hang out. We ate out for breakfast. It was nice to feel like one big family. I haven't felt like that in a long time. John, Daryl and Jacob got some exercise throwing the football in the street. Jacob's got quite an arm. During Saturday, we tested out some outings with Phoenix at a local French Fair and a book store. He did well in the sling, which my brother recommended. We enjoyed some good home cooking by Marion with some assistance from John on the grill. I managed to christen the dinner table when I laughed so hard I coughed up some carrots on the flank steak. Marion noted I had officially been initiated into the family then. Mr. Wells put the boys to work on the landscaping and no one lost an eye! We had breakfast in Los Gatos at a new French Patisserie, Fleur de Cocoa and then we hit the road home. Phoenix did well on the road so we'll plan some road trips once he gets a little older.

Click on "Sunnyvale Photos" to see phtoos from the trip.

No comments: