On my last trip to NM, my little sister, Erica came out! So, now Phx has met all my siblings minus Toby. I had a good time hanging with Eri. She was cute with Phx and Amanda. She stayed with Jason and Heather. I took her to the college area in Albuquerque known as Knob Hill. I took her to a local vintage shop where she bought some cute clothes and accessories with a western flare. Her best find was a stamped leather purse. She said she got lots of compliments on it. We went to another second hand shop where she looked for a matching wallet for her purse. As she walked out, she was stopped by the store security and accused of stealing a wallet. She tried to explain that it was her wallet they saw her place in her purse, but they asked her to allow them to look through her bag. Of course, they realized it was her wallet they had seen and let her go.
Well, I’m sure there were lots more stories, but I’ve fallen a little behind on the blog articles, so I think I’ll just skip ahead to date or else I’ll never get anything down on virtual paper! I was going to write about the worst travel day ever (Daryl, Phx and I were all in the air at the same time), but I think I already got it out of my system, so it’s probably better to let it go. The short version is: Daryl and I had a series of mishaps related to flights that amounted to a very stressful long day of travel. Highlights include Daryl getting a lapful of water spilled on him and me and Phoenix landing in Utah on an unscheduled pit stop, Daryl’s lost luggage, my lost coin purse, lost stroller, both of us grounded on the tarmac, a duct tape repair to the plane, 6 airports and rain!

No comments:
Post a Comment