
Well, we're wrapping up our massive packing event of 2008 and planning to hit the road sometime next week which means we will be offline for a couple of weeks while we transition. But, fear not! I promise upon my return to post requested photos of our new casita and catch you all up on what's going on in Wells Town South. Note, I finally shelled out some dough and purchased www.wellsopolis.com which I think will be easier to remember and pass on instead of the long blogspot address. I've also added some new movies of Phoenix on Youtube to tide you over. The picture above is of Phoenix 'helping' us pack. He really enjoys crawingling into all the packed boxes and inspecting packed items. He loves to unpack the boxes as well. We fear he is a little disoriented as the tiny universe of our apartment is slowly being dismantled. Gone is his cozy couch, packed are his toys. He seems to find some solace in sleeping much more than usual (doubling his number and amount of naps). He's also finding a lot of enjoyment investigating the new mysterious formations of stacked boxes around the house. But, it makes for a dangerous play zone and as a result, Phoenix has added a few new bumps and bruises to his collection.
Although we've been busy with packing, we've made time to really get some quality video chatting in. Ryan was able to easily connect up with us using her new iBook! With that, I got to talk to Carl, Laura and briefly meet Ry's boyfriend, Sam. We also had a great talk with Donna and Ken and I've been having regular dorm room chats with Toby and midnight chats with my Dad. It's no subtitute for hugs and face to face talks, but it is helping to sustain us while we wait for our next trips or visits.
Oh, and Happy Birthday to Dad who just quietly celebrated his 59th birthday! Keep up the good healthy habits!
We should be back online by mid February at the latest. Until then, we'll be checking email at the local cafe and our cell phone numbers will still be good for a while until we set up new accts (Daryl 703-475-2438, Sean 760-429-8848). Have a wonderful new year and we'll see you in New Mexico!

No comments:
Post a Comment