
We lost our beloved Eggplant Kitty when she was struck by a vehicle early Saturday morning. Anyone that has spent time in our home knows what a classy girl she is and what an important member of our family she is. She has witnessed so many important events in my life.
She is the daughter of a cat Laura owned who shared the same sweet and off-beat personality. I liked Laura's cat very much and when the opportunity arose in 2001 to adopt one of her kittens, I was glad to take it and selected the one that looked most like Mommy Cat. Exceptionally soft, black, friendly and strange, I felt a kinship that only cat parents can understand. She is my tiny shadow. I find great solace in knowing she enjoyed a very fulfilling cat life and was well loved.
She will be missed. Phoenix has been asking, "Cat, outside...Cat, outside?," every time we go outside.
UPDATE:
We had a beautiful little ceremony on Sunday while Phoenix napped. We built a tiny memorial and planted some catnip I had been growing for her. She sleeps under a tree near the bosque.

No comments:
Post a Comment