
We took a trip out to Tampa to visit with Beth & Eric Diner. It was a wonderful vacation and we took full advantage of their bit-o-paradise. They have a little pool, a dock, a boat and access to el-beacho. It was a perfect opportunity for Beth and I to get to know our second-born's. The kids got along great, although they were fighting off a variety of colds. Jonah, Beth's second boy, was suffering from I lovingly labeled "Pussface." Unfortunately, the name stuck a bit. As Phoenix, Jake, Eric and I jetted off in the boat, we waved goodbye to BT and sick little Jonah still standing on the dock. Phoenix sweetly waved and said, "bye Pussface!"
The main purpose of the trip was for Daryl to swim a leg of a family triathlon. Eric was racing the whole thing. Then, BT, Daryl and Eric's Dad would combine to complete a team. They went to register the morning of the race and I got a call from Daryl where he told me with a mixed tome of disappointment, shock and amusement that the swim portion of the race had been cancelled due to rough conditions on the surf (it was an open water swim). We gleefully cheered on the rest of the team, though and the kids enjoyed a day of sun. Everyone had a great performance. Beth was proud to achieve her goal of completing the race without walking.
Beth and I enjoyed a lot of time to compare notes on being a double Mom (which is MORE than twice as difficult as being a Mom to one btw). We talked about all the fun ups and downs. And, I was particularly excited to discover Jake's yet undiscovered ability to sing several songs including ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle and a few other classics.
Thanks to the Diners who sponsored our trip ticket this year. WIthout the generosity of our friends and family, Team Wells would not do any traveling this year. But, we have seen glimmers of improvement in the last two months. Keep praying for us! Enjoy the photos. I'm starting to get a handle on my new picture posting service.

No comments:
Post a Comment